Re: NNTPC: SIGSEGV

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Herbert Xu wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 1998 at 07:33:28PM -0700, Tom wrote:

> > > Try removing cache.map.
> >
> >   cache.map?  Doesn't that only apply to oses with non-anonymous mmap()?
>
> Yes.

  Does that make it seem more susceptible to corruption?

  Is it possible to determine how much of it is being used?  The config
file warns about bad things if the cache fills up.  I'm not sure about
what things are cached in the mmap area, so perhaps certain news servers
with certain article selections can cause it to fill?

  When I see "SIGSEGV" event occur, I notice that a "server attach
bypassed" message logged by the same process, immediately before the
SIGSEGV message.  Are other seeing the same thing?

> --
> Debian GNU/Linux 2.0 is out! ( http://www.debian.org/ )
> Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
> Home Page: http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/