NNTPC crashing netscape

Is there a way to stop NNTPC from crashing netscape?

I think it is happening with nntpcache.stats group. I have renamed this to
cache.stats as I thought that the word 'nntpcache' being 9 characters long
was to fault. This didn't help at all. I have managed to get it working
correctly by removing all references to cache.stats from netscape's working
files.

I have also tried various versions of netscape on different platforms, all
with the same results.

NNTPC is running on a Sparc Ultra 140 running SunOS5 (solaris 2.3) compiled
with gcc 2.7.1 and apart from the problems seen with netscape it seems to be
working fine (have tested it with tin)

Hope you can throw some light on the matter

Anthony