Re: NNTPC: Tin and nntpcache

> Probably because tin uses the active file while Netscape just does a GROUP for
> each group.  Check how often your active file is updated in nntpcache.servers.
> Also, it does help if you've got two users reading the same group :) Since
> nntpcache will update the active file when someone enters a group.

	This is why I run an "NNTPCacheBot" that just connects to the server
	every 5 minutes.  The server seems to update the active file when
	ever it gets a new connection as well.  The bot is in perl, using
	lib-net, and run from a crontab.  Works great when not a lot of
	users are connecting/disconnecting from the server:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
#
# Just "pings" the NNTPCache server to reset it's active lists

use Net::NNTP;
$nntp = Net::NNTP->new()
	or die "Can not connect to news server";
$nntp->quit;

__END__

--
-Zenin (zenin@archive.rhps.org)