NNTPC: In search of ... glibc-nntpcache

Gary Lawrence Murphy writes:

 > Wow, it's only one month later and I am _almost_ recovered from the
 > shift to glibc-6! :)

It's an interesting change isn't it

 > My first question would really answer the second:  Is there a searchable
 > archive of this list somewhere?
 >
 > Now the real question:  My nntpcache goes boom --- I get the following
 > string of messages ...

[...]

I've had the same problem now that I've moved to libc-6, although the symptoms
are different.  With my version, every time I connect from anything but
localhost, the offspring process just evaporates, no message.  I've tracked
this down to a signal (Can't remember which) that occurs every time
a gethostbyaddr() is called.

This occurs both in client and update processes.

Previously nobody was able to help me.