Re: NNTPC: XOVER probs

> > > The current caching of listgroup works just fine.  What needs to be
> > > implemented is the deletion of xover and article files with the
> > > benefit of the output of listgroup.
> >
> > xover files each contain up to 512 xover lines each. So you would have
> > to edit the files deleting lines out of them. Or otherwise leave the
> > xover files as they are and only filter the output of the xover
> > commands.
>
> I think we only need to do this if we notice that the listgroup info has
> changed.

We don't need to delete the lines out of the xover cachelets, just knock out
the entries in the index map. Still it's potentially pretty, and
would require de-integrating the xover code from xover handling
(or otherwise duplicating the code elsewhere).

Some inn server extensions designed for caching clients, in order
to avoid hackeyed tricks like this would be nice.

Cheers,
Julian.