Re: NNTPC: problem starting

Alan Brown wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
>
> > Off topic, 2.0.32 is evil. Drop back to 2.0.29 or try alans pre-2.0.34
> > stuff.
>
> I'll agree with Chris 110% about 2.0.32

What's evil about it?  Was any evil exorcised in 2.0.33?

> 2.0.34 is up to pre7 and is behaving well here on my test box, I'm
> planning to move it to the news server in the next 3-4 days.

kernel.org doesn't have anything beyond 2.0.33, where could I find it?

Sorry for continuing the off-topic stuff, but if kernel evilness is
affecting NNTPCache, at least there's SOME minor relevance here.

OBTopic:  Count another vote for the AUTH stuff getting put back in.

And does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with a Lotus Notes
newsreader that wants to be in feeder and reader mode at the same time?
This little (IMHO very broken) trick foxes every newsserver I can point
NNTPCache at, since INN (for example) wants an incoming connection to be a
feeder or a reader, but not both.  Can NNTPCache take a IHAVE and emulate
a POST to the downstream news server, for example?  I imagine that would
fix this whole problem.

And no, I can't toss the box out the window, it's a client's.

Thanks!

Chris Kalin