Multiple servers. connecting to wrong "specialized"server

I'm a firewall admin and evaluating nntpcache. The Unisys usergroup
complaint (pre nntpcache period) that the newsfeed of our ISP wasn't
complete. Newsgroup Comp.sys.unisys at news.nl.net didn't show them
all messages which were visible at nntpserver.pppl.gov. Messages
posted at news.nl.net DO show up at nntpserver.pppl.gov however. I
can imagine that some ISP's hold messages for less days then others
but all messages have to show up (eventually) at ALL newsserver, at
least this is the theory, or am I wrong and are there exceptions.

Now I'm using nntpcache and I'm looking into
the matter. A telnet 119 and a "group comp.sys.unisys" command
revealed the following:

211 32  10641 10672 comp.sys.unisys for news.nl.net
211 223  9241  9477 comp.sys.unisys for nntpserver.pppl.gov

Configuration: nntpcache 2.3.2.1. linux 2.0.32 using 256 Kbit
permanent connection. Using Communicator 4.04 on Windows NT and
connecting to nntpserver.pppl.gov shows me 223 messages (approx. last
month mesgs), connecting to news.nl.net shows me only 32 messages
(approx. last week). In /usr/local/var/nntpcache there is a
news.nl.net (main newsfeed) directory as well a nntpserver.pppl.gov
directory so it seems that nntpcache connects to comp.sys.unisys
through nntpserver.pppl.gov as it should. However It doesn't retrieve
all messages. In fact it looks like it stikck to messages available
at news.nl.net !! My configuration file nntpcache.servers looks like

                          Active Activ tim. Newsgrp group xover arts
news.nl.net       DEFAULT   24h    4d          4d     30m  60d   60d
nnptserver.nl.net DEFAULT   24h    4d          4d     30m  60d   60d

*                 news.nl.net.           /* main feed       */
comp.sys.unisys   nntpserver.pppl.gov.   /* only 1 newgroup */

Remark. I've done the same trick for microsoft newsgroups using
msnews.microsoft.com and this works fine. All messages shown,cache
directory created for it etc...

Questions:
1) Can somebody give me a hint/clue about what I am doing wrong and
   how to correct it.
2) Can someone explain me what the active active time. newsgroup
   setting mean. I can't find info abuout it anywhere.

I really hope someone can/will give a bit of help. I'm lost....

With kind regards,

Jan Bessels

Jan Bessels: Generale Bank Nederland N.V.
E-mail: Bessels.J@g-bank.nl  Tel.    : +31 10 2703065

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.

* * *   D I S C L A I M E R   * * *
The information contained in this communication is intended solely
for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Use of
this communication by others is prohibited. Generale Bank is neither
liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information
contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.