Re: NNTPC: nntpcache as frontend to outsource news provider

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Tom wrote:

> > I have nntpcached feeding primarily off a site I co-admin in
> > Chicago.  Whenever I check during evening peaks, nntpcache has at
> > least a dozen parallel connects open.
>
>   For how many readers?  If you have only 12 readers, nntpcache isn't
> helping much, but if you have 24 readers, it is helping quite a bit.

Usually it's for 12-20 readers.

nntpccahed seems open a new connect whenever it gets a new request
and doesn't have an idle channel. I've sen one user cause more than
10 upstream connects by making lots of requests without waiting for
each article to be sent.

AB