nntpcache-0.88.3UL

Hi there,

I have just installed nntpcache-0.88.3UL on our server, and it seems to
work fine except for a couple of problems.

Our system is Linux, running 1.2.13 kernel. We are not running ELF.

The problem is that when retrieving newsgroups with Netscape 3.0b5
(Win95,NT, and Win 3.X. versions) It causes an illegal system operation
and shuts Netscape down when it updates the number of articles in each
group.

There seems to be no problem with Free Agent news reader, or the Mac
version of Netscape.

I am just wondering if you guys are aware of this, and is there any fix
for the problem. If you would like me to investigate further into what
exact versions of Netscape work and don't work, I will do my best. For
the meantime, which is a known stable version of nntpcache that we can
use in the interim?

Regards,

Tom Berger
blam@loom.net.au