Re: Driver duplicate?

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 4:49 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 16:08:01 -0500, Kenneth Adam Miller said:

> Can't release it. It looks a lot like this though:

Note that you're going to have a *really* hard time shipping hardware
with a legal Linux driver you can't release source for.  You probably
want to talk to your corporate legal eagles and explain the GPL to them,
before somebody *else's* legal eagle explains the GPL to them, in the form
of a injunction.

I have have an appreciation of the GPL too, and I love open source. I fight with my organization all the time about what should and shouldn't be released. I know that anybody that gets the binary will also get the source code, but our distribution list is rather limited.