Re: Distributed Process Scheduling Algorithm

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 16:13:25 +0530
Nitin Varyani <varyani.nitin1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is common practice to shorten your answers to mailinglists.

> The essence of the discussion is that :
>
> We can run each process in a container and migrate the container itself.
> Migration can be done based on work stealing. As far as communication
> between processes in different containers is concerned, can't we use
> sockets?

Migration can be done based on work stealing sounds misleading. Maybe something like:
Nodes might apply the work stealing pattern by migrating the workload, encapsulated in the container.

That would be the idea, if that actually works and how it would perform is up to that experiment ;).

That is for new applications possible, but there may be "legacy" applications which rely on communication methods like shared memory, and pipes.

If this ends in an research paper I would like to read it.

Dominik