Re: current during interrupt servicing

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 9:16 AM, tobaccopipeyoyo . <tobaccopipeyoyo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to kernel programming, currently started ldd book
For the current process it says that global item current returns the
task_struct of the currently running process.

What if I refer this global during interrupt servicing?
What will happen? What should I expect.

Thanks,
tpyy

Hi...

during interrupt servicing, "current" will give you last process' data structure that's get interrupted by the interrupt. Of course, this is per cpu context, so if you are in SMP situation, current will return task struct in that CPU only.

The essential thing in interrupt servicing is: interrupt handler runs on behalf of current running process.

Hopefully I still recall all these correctly.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant