Re: Advice on Linux Kernel Development

Hi ,
    It is generally recoomended to not to do the kernel development with virtual box and especially dealing with the device drivers.

On 14 September 2015 at 09:37, Mayur Patil <linuxcraz23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (linuxcraz23@xxxxxxxxx) Add cleanup rule | More info

Hi,

I am using Reliance 3 (Netconnect+) Dongle......and with lots of tries, I have finally stopped trying to install it on CentOS 6.x.

I have tried almost all instructions from posts and blogs which appears on first 2 pages of Google search.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Karthik Nayak <karthik.188@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 11:40 PM, Mayur Patil <linuxcraz23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I want to ask
>
> if I want to get started with Linux Kernel Development then is it feasible
> that
>
> I can do all my experiments on Virtual Machine as on Linux my Internet
> dongle does
>
> not work, I am asking in terms of performance and efficiency.

Just curious, which dongle do you use? and what did you try?

--
Mayur S Patil,