Re: Identify Beacon Frame

Then how do i capture the beacon frames?

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:40 PM, Jeff Haran <Jeff.Haran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: kernelnewbies-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kernelnewbies-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gunjan Mehta
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 9:21 AM
To: kernelnewbies; netfilter-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Identify Beacon Frame

Hi All,

I am new to kernel development. I am writing a kernel module that captures packet at the netfilter pre - routing hook.

I only want to capture the BEACON FRAME.

I have few queries:

1>When the beacon frame comes to receiving machine do the sk_buff gets allocated?

2> How can i identify the beacon frame at the pre routing hook?

3> Beacon frame consist of a string for authentication of client with the server, can i use sk_buff pointers to get access to that string, if sk_buff is allocated?

Regards

Gunjan

These beacon frames do not appear to be IP packets. If that is true, I don’t think you are going to see them in any netfilter hooks.

Jeff Haran