Re: working with linux-next ... must tags be fetched separately?

Hi,

git fetch --tags linux-next

Will only fetch the tags not changed files content/data.

To fetch file changes
git fetch linux-next

Is required.

On 28 June 2015 14:59:15 GMT+05:30, "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

perusing the current instructions on how to work with linux-next
here:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/linux-next.html

and i'm puzzled by this part of the instructions:

Fetch linux-next plus tags

$ git fetch linux-next
$ git fetch --tags linux-next

is it really necessary to run two separate fetch commands? from the
man page for git-fetch, one reads:

-t, --tags
Fetch all tags from the remote (i.e., fetch remote tags refs/tags/* into local tags with
the same name), in addition to whatever else would otherwise be fetched.

so would it not be sufficient to run simply:

$ git fetch --tags linux-next

or am i misreading something?

rday