Linux's MMC driver and SDCard life time doubt

Hi for all,

I have an application running on top of an sd card formated with vfat. This application is Java and uses ActiveMQ on same vfat sdcard filesystem, the ActiveMQ generates a huge I/O on sdcard.

I know that SDCards sectors have an specific writing limits. I want to know if Linux's mmc driver would spare the writes across whole SDCard improving its life time or if this role is to be played by filesystem?

The SDCards live about 15 days before crashing, after crashing I can't format it again, I have no idea about tools for getting a status of SD remaing life time, any pointing would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

--
"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master