RE: How to install a older version kernel on new OS?

Just pointing out that fairly recent versions of Redhat used 2.6.32, plus a boatload
of patches. Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 does, if I am not mistaken. So you might
want to start with the equivalent Centos version since the former will cost money
whereas the later will be free.

Jeff Haran