Re: Can add new module without upgrade the kernel?

On Monday, 30 March 2015, Adam Lee <adam8157@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 05:35:23PM +0800, Woody Wu wrote:
> Thanks and glad to know that.  Just be curious, it means, in kernel building,
> select a driver as M or as EMPTY will put no influence on the resulted kernel
> image at all, is it right?

Not right if that driver depends on some other things.

Assume I had check the dependency and build all the modules that a module is depend.

> Previously, I always thought, when I choice a
> driver as module, I was not only creating a module itself, but also force the
> kernel create some kind of a stub in it's image. Now it seems my thoughts is
> wrong.

You were right at the most of times, but it could be inserted at the most
of times too, not that picky.

Understood, it's really good news.

Also you still could extract its
dependencies(if there are) out and compile them as external modules.

For this part I dont get what exactly it mean.

--
Adam Lee
http://adam8157.info

--