Re: Intercepting memory mapped files

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 6:48 AM, Kunal Baweja <bawejakunal15@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah I was trying something similar only but with a much simpler Caeser cipher function of my own written as below:

void encrypt(char *data, char *encrypted, size_t size)
{
    unsigned int i;
    for(i=0;i<(unsigned int)size;i++)
        encrypted[i] = data[i] + 3;

This is not caesar's cipher. If your buffer contains alphabets then only you can apply caesar cipher.

It should be something like

          encrypted[i] = (data[i] - 3) % 26;

    printk(KERN_INFO "%s",encrypted);
    return;
}

So in the given code wherever u see the calls to wrapfs_encrypt, I have replaced with my simpler encryption function.

But I am not able to figure out why calling this function creates a problem, the printk() statement inside the function shows me the correctly encrypted contents but the file is still blank.

Thanks

Kunal Baweja

Undergraduate B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science
Birla Institute Of Technology & Science, Pilani
K.K. Birla Goa Campus
+91 9049655665