Linux kernel Network Programing

Hello,

I know this is a Kernel newbie list , however,  this question is directed more towards programmers who have been here for quite a while.

I want to venture into linux network programming, ipv6, router programming, network drivers, programming network security products etc on the kernel side not on the user side.

I know a book ...linux kernel network programming which will help me get started.  Are there any more books which can help me.

Secondly, how to look for problems to work on...more importantly how to ensure that hardware dependency doesn't come in my way...is there a simulated environment that I can use.

Thanks

Mohit