Re: downstream pci walk

Hi,

Thank you for taking interest. I see no chance of that happening as I'm only two down stream ports of my pci switch. Upstream, I only use one port to connect the host pci bridge. Internally, it divides into multiple bridges. I'm thinking of walking downstream only _up_to_ the entry pci bridge of the switch and not any further.

Please see chart for clearer explanation of topology I'm working on.

http://www.electronicproducts.com/images2/FAJH_PLX_3_Nov2008.gif

~amerei

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 05:58:03 +0800, Amerei Acuna said:

> I'm writing a custom PCI driver for a hobby endpoint. Due to some
> "special", possibly unique, circumstance, I need to determine if two
> devices form a pair. As I'm using a PCI switch to connect these two
> devices, I'm thinking on the possibility of checking if the two devices
> share a common pci-pci bridge (or finding the least common ancestor in a
> directed graph).

What happens if your two devices and a totally unrelated PCI device
are all three downstream of the same PCI bridge?