Re: How to enable zramfs in android...

Dear All

Thanks for your help. I could activate zram0, after doing the mkswap on the device.

These all steps i followed,

echo 50M > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon -p 100 /dev/block/zram0

after that, i saw my swap partition is being used. From the stats i saw 44MB RAM data is compressed into 14MB.

But i have a doubt, When i reserve 50M RAM for swap partition, is it like a carve out memory?
i mean Kernel cant use this anymore?