Re: loglevel 7 (debug) and pr_debug()

Martin,

Are you sure that /var/log/messages trap DEBUG messages ? (see /etc/rsylog.conf or something, it depends on your linux distro)
Default on Fedora is to skip debug messages. But your log output is in the ring buffer (you can check it widt command dmesg)

I guess that your problem is not a problem but a syslog feature :)

http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/rsyslog_conf_filter.html

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Martin Kepplinger <martink@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 16.04.2014 13:43 schrieb Denis Pithon:
> Martin,
>
> I'm not sure did you enable DDEBUG when compiling your module ?
> pr_debug() macro is discarded if you omit DEBUG in compile time
>
> A sample Makefile which enable pr_debug() :
>
> obj-m += my_modue.o
>
> KDIR ?= /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
> CFLAGS_my_module.o := -DDEBUG
>
> all:
>  make -C $(KDIR) M=$(PWD) modules
>
> clean:
>  make -C $(KDIR) M=$(PWD) clean
>
> Let me know ...
> regards

Thanks,

I did not, but now added -DDEBUG. The exact line is:
CFLAGS_my_module.o := -DDEBUG
when "my_module.o" is my object file. Did I get that right?

That doesn't change anything unfortunately. I can not read pr_debug()
unless I
explicitely activate it in /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
*after* insmod.

I'd like to just read all pr_debug() messages like pr_info().

thanks for your time!