Re: Updating a driver quirk in kernel

Is this driver loaded as a kernel module? If so, you only need to rebuild the module against your target kernel and distribute the new module to the various machines.

If it's a builtin driver, then it'll be a little more involved. If distributing the new kernel is not feasible have a look at KSplice like features for hot-patching your kernel.

HTH,
-mandeep