Re: Major and minor numbers

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Nav Kamal <navkamal90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks but am already studying from this book. What  I understand from this is every driver is associated with a device and each of this relation has a unique major number associated with it and every device has a unique minor number which a kernel uses to reference it. Am I correct ?

Please always cc kernelnewbies in reply.
Do not top post(http://catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html)
I would suggest reading this article about udev, things have changed a bit
http://www.linux.com/news/hardware/peripherals/180950-udev

Regards,
Navkamal Rakra