Linux process and threads, CPU Affinity

I have few queries related to threads and Process scheduling in Linux.

  1. When my process goes into sleep and wakes back, is it always that it will be scheduled on the same CPU that it got scheduled before?
  2. When i create a thread from the process, Will it also be executed on the same CPU always? Even if other CPU's are free and sleeping.

I would like to know the mechanism in Linux in specific. Also i am creating the threads through pthread library. I am facing a random hangup issue which is always not reproducible. Need this information to proceed in the right direction.

I have also posted a query for the same SO. But no constructive reply. Hence re-posting it here.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18779947/linux-threads-and-process-cpu-affinity