Re: Kernel Debugging

Hi Saket,

You may configure kdump and use crash utility for debugging offline.

Here are some useful links.
https://sites.google.com/site/syscookbook/rhel/rhel-kdump-rhel6
http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3374462

Otherwise systemtap is good option too.
http://www.linuxforu.com/2010/09/systemtap-tutorial-part-1/

Thanks,
Chaitanya

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Saket Sinha <saket.sinha89@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I am facing an issue where I have been developing a filesystem driver(over x86) which has become  "unstable"  by which I mean ,  at compile time it is building but during runtime it fails when I call the corresponding APIs from the user-space.

In order to find out exactly where it is failing, I need to debug the driver.
I am very new to kernel development. I have heard about KGDB and KDB but it takes quite a lot to get them working so waht are the other tools available?

Regards,
Saket Sinha