Re: Need help to understand system calls

My confusion is how to interpret this output from perf , what are copy_user_generic_unrolled and native_safe_halt for instance ?

I have profiled iozone benchmark using other tools like gprof and callgrind and they show me the actual functions being called by iozone as apparent from the source code.

But what is this perf output showing me then ? Are generic_file_buffered_write , ext4_file_write etc all system calls ?

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Nitisha Jain <nitishajain15@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am running the Iozone benchmark commands to find disk characteristics on
> my system and
> trying to construct a call graph for the iozone functions.
> I am using perf tools to generate a call graph , but I am having trouble
> understanding the output from the perf commands as follows--

exactly, what is your confusion?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa