Re: Device mapper api v/s block device driver api

Hi
Just of pure curiosity, can you please provide a link to the blog you had mentioned?
Regards
Rami Rosen

http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen

On May 6, 2013 10:46 PM, "neha naik" <nehanaik27@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
   Reading a blog on device mapper api got me confused about when one should use device mapper api and when to use block device driver api.
I was under the impression that even for stackable device drivers (say a customized block device driver on top of lvm or such) we need to use the block device driver api. But,
reading about the device mapper api i have started thinking that it may not be the case.
May be for stackable device drivers device mapper is the solution.
What do you think?  What are the pros and cons of device mapper v/s block device driver

Regards,
Neha