Re: [ARM-LINUX]Init process is not getting launched while bringing up an opensource kernel on Qualcomm board...

On 19 April 2013 11:14, sandeep kumar <coolsandyforyou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Of course you will see that, INIT must not return. :-) I guess that will give you enough clue to move forward.

Yes Sarbojit, I know that it is expected behaviout... But my actual question is the following....In my bringup kernel with the same ramdisk.img that message is not seen.(So my bringup kernel is not able to launch init process....) My actual question is how to make my kernel also see that message?

In that case, a little more information might help.

3) In my bringup kernel, The similer kind of message is not seen. I can see ramdisk uncompression successful and also..
I have kept logs in arch/arm/kernel/sys_arm.c
in the function kernel_execv()
and i observed do_execv() function call is successful.

Can anyone help me, am i missing something??
Please give me pointers on how to proceed.

I am doing a open-source kernel bringup on Qualcomm board. I reached till the successfull kernel initialization complete, and i can see the run_init_process() function executing successfully. But still i am not seeing my init process is not launched. Here are the following check points...i did,

1) I made a ramdisk image with the init process code, like this....
int main()
{
   return 0;
}

2) With the same ramdisk.img(which contains my init process(a return; statement in the main()) and another kernel i can see init process launch is successful. (in the kernel logs i am seeing panic message: Trying to kill init!! )

--
With regards,
Sandeep Kumar Anantapalli,

Regards,