Re: Kernel-space flirting with user-space

> >   Secondly, I wonder how I can "bind" a user-space program/daemon with the
> > kernel-space of the module.
>
> What about netlink and mmap?

Hi Devendra,
  I glanced at netlink and I really like the idea.  I think it would allow me to build the whole thing in kernel-space and a user-space process could simply "proxy" the packets over TCP/IP, SSL and friends! ;)

  I also looked at mmap and while it may be used for communication, it seems to be used for many other things.  I fear this could be confusing or that documentation will not address my need specifically though.  An educated guess tells me it might be more efficient than netlink however.  I'll give it a shot later and compare.

Thanks,
  Simon