Recompile the Library of the Linux Kernel

Hello, everyone,

I am a beginner to learn about the linux kernel. I met the following problem today:

I created a C file called "drv_event.c", and put it into the location "/lib", since I want to link it to the library of the kernel, i.e., lib.a. I also put the header file "drv_event.h" into the directory "/include/linux". I recompile the directory "/lib", and my own object "drv_event.o" was successfully linked into the lib.a.

However, I called one of the functions defined in the "drv_event.c" in my driver, and I compiled this driver, at the link time, I got the warning which shows that the function called is undefined.

It seems although I do recompile the lib.a successfully, but I did not put the new one into the right place. I tried "make install lib" and also "make install" in the kernel source. However, I still got the same warning at the link time.

So does someone can help me to get rid of this problem?

Thanks so much.

Best,

Li