Does Linux process exist information leakage?

Hi,
   My tutor asked me to test whether one process leaves information in memory after it is dead. I tried to search some article about such thing on the Internet but there seems to be no one discuss about it. And after that, I tried to write some program in the User Mode to test it, using fork() to create lots of processes and filling char 'a' into a 102400 bytes char array in each process. Then I used malloc() to get some memory to seek char 'a' in a new one process or many new processes, but failed. All memory I malloced was full of zero.
   As the man page of malloc said:"The memory is not initialized", I believe that the memory which was got by malloc() could be used by other process, and therefor information leakage exists. But how can I test it? Or where can I get related information?
   Thanks!