Re: How to hook the system call?

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Geraint Yang <geraint0923@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I have tried the LSM framework,but when I make my module , I got "waining:'register_security' undefined", then I check security/security.c and found out that register_security is not exported ! So if I want to use this function ,I must hack kernel by exporting and recompiling kernel which is allowed for me.
So ...well, it seems that LSM doesn't work for module without modifying the kernel source.

This function is declared as extern in header linux/security.h, you can include this header in your code and call this function.

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:59 AM, Alexandru Juncu <alex.juncu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Geraint Yang <geraint0923@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank all of you for helping me with problem!
> I don't want to modify my kernel source so I am trying to learn to use LSM
> security hook even though it seems that it couldn't hook all the system
> calls, I think it should be enough for me.
> Thanks again!

I know that AppArmor can hock syscalls like read, write and memory
mapping and can deny or accept them. I am not sure if you can make it
do something else when hocked, but I know it has a script-like
configuration, so maybe you can take some other actions.

--
Geraint Yang
Tsinghua University Department of Computer Science and Technology

Regards,
Rohan Puri