problem mapping physical address from /dev/mem

Hi,

I am trying to run a program that scans memory from a given physical address using /dev/mem.
It uses mmap to map physical address from /dev/mem. So to start with I used /proc/iomem to look up the
physical memory mapping and found the address 00010000 to be the starting address for System ram. But whenever I
provide this address to the program it throws an error of "Operation not permitted". Browsing through some
articles I found the option of compiling the kernel with CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM option disabled. I have
tried this but this isn't working either. Please help me figure out the problem.

Thanks
Vaibhav Jain