Re: multiple dependent out-of-tree modules

Hello guys!! Thanks for the answers!

You are right Vladmir, if I edit the Module.symvers file of the dependent modues and put the symbols the it need, from the other module Module.symvers file it works well.

I have tried modprobe with modules in kernel tree and works well, but I could not do the same with out-of tree modules, I think that is just a configuration issue of modprobe.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:40:12PM -0300, Jorgyano Bruno wrote:

> Hello guys!
>
> I'm working with three out-of-tree kernel modules,
> one of them export symbols used by the others.
> At compile time, MODPOST warns about undefined symbols,
> which are defined on the first module
> and used in the second and third modules.
> When I try to load the modules "insmod" returns the error "Unknown Symbol in
> module" for those symbols warned by MODPOST.
>
> How can I to compile several out-of-tree modules which depends on one another
> and make  to the dependant modules look for the needed symbols on the
> directories of the modules which have the symbols?

Use modprobe, not insmod, and you will be fine.

greg k-h

Thanks for the answers!!

--
Jorgyano Bruno de Oliveira Vieira