Re: How to reinstall modified custom kernel?

Hello:
If this is related to your thesis, I recommend you get a deeper understanding of dpkg and what it does.
Essentially, dpkg is the same as the MSI installer setup in Windows. When you use make-dpkg (I think I might have that command wrong), it compiles your
kernel, then it stuffs it in these packages that you use to install. You will need to install the packages using dpkg -i to install the new kernel. Think of it like this. You write a program, and you put say version 1.2 in a package to be installed. Now you release 1.3, but in order to give 1.3 to your users you're going to have to reupdate that package with 1.3. Same with the kernel. Just building the kernel into .deb packages doesn't install it, it just creates a means that you can use to install the kernel.