Re: Bond, round robin mis-config​uration.

Hi Eduard,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:59 AM, Eduard Sinelnikov
<eduard.sinelnikov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the kernel 2.6.39.3 ( /drivers/net/bond/bond_main.c).

I followed the code you mentioned. The file is actually at:

./drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c

> In the function  ‘bond_xmit_roundrobin’
> The code check if the bond is active via
> ‘bond_is_active_slave(slave)’ Function call.
> Which actually checks if the slave is backup or active
> What is the meaning of slave being  backup in round robin mode?
> Correct me if I wrong but in round robin every slave should send a
> packet, regardless of being active or backup.

I'm not sure about this but my best guess is that even using all
slaves to send packages, the slaves must be used one at a time, to
send packages sequentially. And one slave can be deactivated when a
problem is detected. I think that this two scenarios that justify the
check.

> Thank you,
>            Eduard

Peter