Re: no files can be opened in a C program

On 07/25/2011 05:29 PM, Naveen Kumar wrote:
You can use command ulimit -a, there you can check the limit for a process.

Thanks,
Naveen
Ulimit gives 1024 as open file limit. In struct task_struct it has a member called struct files_struct *files;

I tried checking for this member and the limit however I am  not able to decide correctly why the limit is 1024.
 Also, is there any distinction between 32 bit and 64 bit systems for this limit?