Question regarding purging of specific dcache entries

Hi,

I've been developing in the kernel's FS subsystem for quite a while now, and though I've been able to accomplish everything I've set myself up to, it seems I can't figure out how to do a little something.

Currently, I need to guarantee that, at a specific moment in time, all entries in the dcache associated with a directory and its children are purged from the cache, forcing a new file system lookup for each and every single one of them.

Although I've looked up in dcache.c for a suitable method, I believe d_genocide() may not do the trick, and d_invalidate() won't invalidate a dentry if other dentries can be reached through it. And I have no idea how to walk the dcache, trying to find the required entries in order to invalidate them one by one up to the topmost entry.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Cheers.
Joao

---
João Eduardo Luís
gpg key: 477C26E5 from pool.keyserver.eu