trouble locating code that increments jiffies (arm)

 Hi list,

 I've been looking for the code that increments the jiffies variable as
 well as the code that connects a timer interrupt to the function that
 increments the variable. I'm working with the ARM architecture in case
 that makes a difference. I was also wondering, how many jiffies are
 there? Right now I'm finding that if I disable the local timer for the
 boot CPU (during boot) the jiffies variable stop incrementing. I always
 assumed the global timer was supposed to increment a single jiffies
 variable. I'm working with an old, modified, version of QEMU so I'm
 leaning towards a QEMU bug for this problem.

 Thanks,
 -C