Re: SIGPROF received ( profile timer expired )

http://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/gprof-2.9.1/html_chapter/gprof_9.html

para from link,

However, some operating systems, most notably Linux 2.0 (and earlier), do not provide a profil() system call. On such a system, arrangements are made for the kernel to periodically deliver a signal to the process (typically via setitimer()), which then performs the same operation of examining the program counter and incrementing a slot in the memory array. Since this method requires a signal to be delivered to user space every time a sample is taken, it uses considerably more overhead than kernel-based profiling. Also, due to the added delay required to deliver the signal, this method is less accurate as well.

whether we can change value of an interval timer used for profiling ?

Thank you,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:12, àààààà ààààà <agasheac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Âbut is there any way we can control profile timer value ?

sorry, I didn't get it.... "control"? could you give example on what
you mean by "control"?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa