Re: Ad-hoc arm board

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Andrea Gasparini <gaspa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Working on a custom arm based board, I'm currently juggling with mach-types
and machine IDs for our ARM boards, but perhaps it came the time to set
them in the right way...

And  moreover, do anyone has a pointer on documentation/articles/somewhat
on how to write a good board-*.c and how (and perhaps when) to handle
platform devices instead of a classical device driver? I'm  currently going
by trying, and perhaps it's not the better method to achieve my purposes.

theres also a lot of work going on currently in device-trees,
which are splitting config data out from code, into text files.

googling "linux device tree" found a lot of relevant stuff,
there was also a recent LWN.net article on them.
Looking at linux-next tree is also useful, there are a bunch of configs
for a bunch of arm boards in there.

good luck