Re: strange behavior of sk_rmem_alloc

Hello,

    The issue got resolved the skb references were not handled properly, now its working fine after correcting few handling. Thank you

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:34 AM, sugnan prabhu <sugnan.prabhu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

       I have written a network driver, address family and a protocol family, when i create a socket in a user space program to my PF and AF, it receives only first 300 packets and i see that all the packets are being received till the function sk_recieve_skb() is called.
      When i tried searching for the root of the cause, i found that sk_rcvqueues_full(sk,skb) returns true after receiving 300 packets, further observing the cause i found that the variable sk_rmem_alloc which is being checked in the function in never getting decremented.

http://www.pubbs.net/200912/kernel/700-seeing-strange-values-for-tcp-skrmemalloc.html

In the above link i found that some one had similar problem, and as it says calling skb_copy_datagram_iovec() should decrement the sk_rmem_alloc, am even doing that. So can some suggest what can be the problem. One more strange thing is sk_queue_empty(&sk->receive_queue) start returning true after 300 packet.