Re: PIC IO Memory Access Question

Hi Daniel :)

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:33, YOUNGWHAN SONG <breadncup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for your interest on it, Mulyadi, and thanks for checking if the post in the mailing list.

No problem... as long as you don't complain about stupidity :D

> To answer your question,
>
> a. I will check both the base addresses on next Monday since I left already from office. I will compare, and update it. BTW, I checked the base address in PCI configuration and /proc/iomem, so it can be verified that the base address is valid. Also there is only one device on the PCI bus anyway.

OK then, let's assume you do ioremap on correct (physical, right?)
address. Then, the "wrong value" must be due to something else.......

> b. I have the datasheet for the device to check if the values are correct or not. So, I know which value is correct. The invalid value is 0xFFFF.

I began to think, they react differently on different architecture.
Have you ever considered that situation?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant