RE: skb_pull crashes the kernel

______________________
From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx [kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sugnan prabhu [sugnan.prabhu@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 5:21 PM
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: skb_pull crashes the kernel

Hello,

>     I have written a usb device driver, which displays receives the data exactly as am sending from the device, but as soon i call skb_pull(skb, 1) it crashes the kernel. It doesn even call netif_rx(skb) to send the >
>      skb to next layer, can some one suggest what might be the problem.

Can you please check the values of

a :  skb->len and
b :  skb->data_len

because by the definition of the skb_pull ()    .....  there is    BUG_ON(skb->len < skb->data_len);

if you need to understand the relation between skb->len and skb->data_len then please refer  " http://kerneltrap.org/node/16224 "
because me too not clear on how skb fragments are handled in kernel

Hope this helps :)

-Smital Desai

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and  using or disseminating the information,  and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"