Re: writing boot loader

Hi Vamidhar,

You need to provide more information regarding your development. What bootloader you want to install / create depends on many factors
  1. What is your target application.
  2. Chip architecture : does it have MMU (most significant parameter)
  3. Is there a bootloader existing for the  architecture (u-boot / Grub / Lilo ) have ready made ports for lot of architectures. You would have to see if they already have done the development.
  4. What OS you are planning to port.. or there is no OS to be installed. E.g. some bootloaders like u-boot are optimized for Linux kernel.
Please answer to those question so that you would get more relevant answer.

--
Cheers !!!
Chaitannya

follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/chaitannya

I believe there's a hero in all of us
who keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride,
even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most... even our dreams.
- Spider Man 2