Re: QEMU Uncompressing Linux.... stalls

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Prasad Joshi <prasadjoshi124@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:44 AM, onlyfever <onlyfever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2010/12/9, Prasad Joshi <prasadjoshi124@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Thanks a lot for your reply.

>>> Yes it was misconfiguration. I had selected a wrong memory option.

>>> Thanks a lot for I was not aware of it. This will surely help.

>>> --
>>>

>> Hi~
>>    I just meet the same problem,could you tell me which wrong memory
>> option you selected?
>
> CONFIG_REALVIEW_HIGH_PHYS_OFFSET shoulb be off for pbx a9
>
> and it should be yes for pbx a8

BTW, I never got it running on QEMU. There are number of problems

- In Linux kernel PCI support for RealView board is not enabled. There
are few patches, very recently published, but they are not included in
the Linux kernel yet.
- Even if these patches are applied, QEMU support for RealView is
limited. QEMU does not support PCI and SCSI devices :)