Re: QEMU Uncompressing Linux.... stalls

> > Also, you can use QEmu's GDB server in order to see exactly where your
> > kernel stops executing. This should be much more comfortable than putting
> > printfs into QEmu's code. If you don't know how it works, look here for a
> > short explanation:
> > http://wiki.osdev.org/GDB
>
> Thanks a lot for I was not aware of it. This will surely help.

Actually that link is not as good as I expected - you will find a much
better step-by-step explanation here (Google cached as the original
does not seem to respond) here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:r6sNllBd6GEJ:www.cs.rochester.edu/~sandhya/csc256/assignments/qemu_linux.html

If you can run your kernel under QEmu, this will definitely change
your life. You can put breakpoints wherever you want and trace the
system execution from the very beginning, which is invaluable for bugs
like the one you had.

Alex.