Re: {Linux Kernel + Ramfs}ISOImage on VirtualBox Howto?

Hi :) !

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 16:27, Ponmuthu Subramaniam Nandan
<subbunp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, this worked :).
> With socat to create virtualport, I was also able to get the debug messages
> printed on the virtual serial console.
> Actually myself & my friends are trying to help some juniors start of in
> this path of learning Linux Internals by experimentation, without the need
> of a separate h/w.

Glad to hear :) Well, that's all I know. But of course, /me personally
would be more than glad to hear how to do exactly the same thing in
VirtualBox and/or VMWare or possibly other virtualization software as
well.

> And qemu with its speed and simplicity of usage, would perfectly fit the
> bill. Thanks again for the suggestion :)

Thanks to the new TCG, qemu is now becomes faster. And latest patch
that floated in last few days to speed up translation block lookup
would probably make it even faster in some cases.

The same trick should also apply on qemu-kvm as well AFAIK. Your call :)

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant